About BN1 Kitesurfing
BN1 was founded by Stav Thraves
Stav has been involved in the watersports industry since he was knee high to a grass hopper within the UK and overseas. Employed by Neilson Active Holidays managing their high wind windsurf centres in Europe for over a decade up until he was introduced to the sport of kitesurfing and never looked back.
Together with fellow buisness partners, he founded Boostsports in Hove, which was one of the south coasts premier kiteboarding retail outlets. He now shares his time coaching kitesurfing in the summer season with teaching snowboarding and skiing in the Swiss Alps with Synergy Snowsports in the winter months.
Experience & Qualifications
Windsurfing – From 1985
- 25 years of windsurfing and qualified as a RYA level 5 instructor
- Managed Neilson’s Vassiliki, Bitez and their Sardinian windsurf centres in the nineties.
- Coached for extreme holidays in fuerteventura 2006-08
Kitesurfing – From 2001
- BKSA Senior & IKO Kitesurfing Instructor for 9 years
- Director and Part owner of Boostsports Retail and Kiteboarding School 2001-05.
- Equipment Test Editor for Kiteworld magazine 2002-05
- Coached for extreme holidays in Fuerteventura 2006-08
- Coached for Jbkitesurfing 2009 season
- 2009/10 Found BN1 Kitesurfing (an approved BKSA School licensed to Lancing Council)
Snowsports – From 2006
- Basi Snowboarding instructor
- Basi Snowboard Freestyle Coach
- Basi Alpine instructor
- Coached for extreme Holidays 2006-8
- Coach for Synergy Snowsports from 2008
What floats Stav’s boat outside of kitesurfing
Generally being Active, but when he’s not on the water Mountain Biking & Paragliding. BN1 strives for Professional, Fun, Safe Tuition…powered by the Elements!
What our customers say…
Read our customers experiences on our Testimonials page.